Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Which Pic microcontroller ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey Peter

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have learnt 8051 and used 89S52. Now I would like to learn about PIC which controller should I use ?
Pls specify a widely used PIC similar to 89S52 i.e commonly used for most projects...

PIC16F877A is a Commonly Used Micro controller.
if you want learn USB and Need more memory space then Migrate to PIC18F4550

PIC16F877A is mostly used microcontroller

pic16f877a is most widely used microcontroller....it have a built in adc,3timers,spi,i2c,uart....its easy to use...try it.

Hi,

What language are you coding in ?

The 16f877A is as good as any, or as said, the 18f4550 is you want to use USB, though complicated even using Microchips free C code.

hi-tech c compiler is nice to use as compared to other compiler....if u use hi-tech c compiler,you can able to write any type of coding for any controller family like atmel,microchip,freescale etc......

hi-tech c compiler is nice to use as compared to other compiler....if u use hi-tech c compiler,you can able to write any type of coding for any controller family like atmel,microchip,freescale etc......

Are you sure about this?

I know that mikroC can be used for many families:
mikroC for dsPIC - mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 - C compiler for dsPIC30, dsPIC33, PIC24 - MikroElektronika
mikroC for PIC - mikroElektronika - mikroC PRO for PIC - C compiler for Microchip PIC microcontroller development
mikroC for ARM - MikroElektronika - mikroC PRO for ARM - C compiler for ARM Cortex M0, M3 and M4 device development
mikroC for PIC32 - MikroElektronika - mikroC PRO for PIC32 - C compiler for Microchip PIC32 microcontroller
mikroC for 8051 - mikroC PRO for 8051 2009 - C compiler for 8051 microcontroller - mikroElektronika
mikroC for AVR - MikroElektronika - mikroC PRO for AVR - C compiler for AVR microcontroller device development

If you're using mikroC, you may find this helpful:

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

because it didnt have any inbuild functions,so we are only responsible for all functions.......after throughly knowing about all details about that controller in the datasheet,we can write any coding....suppose microc and ccs compiler have own inbuild functions.by using these functions we can easily write any coding....so no need to study all details in the datasheet....thats why i said like that.....its my point of you mr.tahmid...

Status
Not open for further replies.