Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Defining Lumped port in 3D spiral coil for different values of sweep in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalinekavitha

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am trying to compute power transfer efficiency between coils using HFSS. When the Rxer coil sweeps coaxially (manual operation), i found the port is detached from terminals. In parametric set-up i have defined the coaxial sweep of coil between 10mm to 20mm. But for all values of sweep,there is no change in the value of mutual inductance.

Also a warning of "A variation (z_sp='12mm') has been requested on machine Local Machine" was thrown for all values of sweep.

Port is defined using rectangular sheet alone. [But i have tried wrap,imprint n creating polyine]. How to fix the port permanently for all values of sweep?

Attachments

• tempsnip.png
    tempsnip.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 165

You can apply the same "move" command to the 2D port that you applied to the the coil. This way the port will move with the coil, like you intend. Just make sure the move command is defined with the same variable used in your sweep.

You can apply the same "move" command to the 2D port that you applied to the the coil. This way the port will move with the coil, like you intend. Just make sure the move command is defined with the same variable used in your sweep.

Hi, thanks for your prompt response. Sounds good idea. Earlier i have tried this option by creating two separate variables one for port n other for coil. Let me try it properly again. Other than sweeping the port any other attempts possible to fix it permanently?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back