Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interpreting NF Circle ang Gain circle for matching network

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,i have built a circuit shownbellow,from the S-param simulation i got the Gain circle and NF circle
how to know from the circles to what input impedance network should i use and to what output impedance network should i use?
Thanks.
1.JPG
2.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

update:

Why the point we take on the smith chart in the Gamma_s and not the Gamma_L?
Thanks

3.JPG
4.JPG

Last edited:

NFmin is a single point and NF Circles are rounding this point by sacrificing NF value.So the best NF can be obtained at that point only, then first circle covers more points ( impedance values ) by cost of degradation of NF by xdB ( more flexibility but more NF ) so on..
Gain circles are also interpreted as such that way,,
Noise is a function of Source Impedance which is seen by active device so Gamma_S is used.Gamma_L has very little contribution onto this.

for whar kind of circle Gamma_L is used?
Thanks.

Hello, i am trying to produce a gain circles on a simple transistor as shown bellow.

i have defined the range from 1 til 30 dB and i dont get any circle just dots in infinity?

Where did i go wrong?
Thanks.

4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

Is it a joke ?? Everything is short circuited..
Read on simulation techniques much.There are millions app notes and papers about it.

Hello , yes i had a little biasing problem where i put Vdc in port 0.8 and for some reason it biased 1.6V on the gate as shown bellow.
i Have succseeded building those circles and i picked a point in between the NF circle an GAIN circle and the GAMMA is GAMMA_S(as you said)
Next i calculate from GAMMA_S yo GAMMA_L extract the impedance using the following matlab code

My question is, what is the best tool you reccomend for building a matching network from 50 to the load impedance and source impedance we calculated?
gamma=0.548*exp(deg2rad(-159.05)*i);
z=gamma2z(gamma,50)/50;

3.JPG
1.JPG
2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I have calculated the Zs and ZL as shown bellow so i need to do a matching network from 50 to Zs and ZL to 50 so i will get minimum S11 and minimum S22?

Updated matlab code:
gamma_s=75.8966*exp(deg2rad(280.88)*i);
z_s=gamma2z(gamma_s,50);
s11=0.99875-0.03202*i
s12=721.33*10^(-6)+8.622*10^(-3)*i
s21=-188.37*10^(-3)+30.611*10^(-3)*i
s22=875.51*10^(-3)-100.72*10^(-3)*i
gamma_L=conj((s22+(s12*s21*gamma_s)/(1-s11*gamma_s)))
z_L=gamma2z(gamma_L,50)

- - - Updated - - -

Do i need to build the network to the conjugate value of Zs and ZL
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back