Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a relay or chip 24vac DPST

Status
Not open for further replies.

slumlord

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a relay or IC that when 2 pins are shorted (the input signal is either OPEN or a Short) 2 other sets of pins also short. Like a normally open DPST switch but instead of a manual push it would detect a short on the input pins and close the other 2 pairs. I need the 2 sets of outputs to open and close at the same time but be isolated from each other. I have 24vac powersupply to power this. What can I use?

I don't know of any device that operates when you short the inputs. It sounds like your "input signal" is actually a contact closure, true? If so, why not just use the contact closure to apply voltage to a relay input?

Hello slumlord,
Please refer to the two pictures below:

Short01.jpg

The above is short detection, using an LED as an indicator.

Open01.jpg

The above circuit is open detection, also using an LED as an indicator.
SW1 acts as your short or open circuit.

You could substitute the LED's for relays to do any switching you require, plus it would
isolate one relay from the other.
If the above pictures are not want you really want, then you need to explain a little
further on what you require exactly.
Regards,
Relayer

P.S. C1 should be changed to a 35 volt type...

Wow, talk about overkill. Why use 13 components to drive a relay when you could use, um, zero components? Connect the 24 volts through the contact to the relay coil. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back