Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to serially control stepper Motors with PIC/AVR micro-controllers with

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatindecoded

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
With simple input, the direction, the speed and the number of steps etc can be setup by user and stepper motor will run that way. As off now , I program PIC with MPLAB +CCS C Compiler . Thank you.

Yes but you need a stepper motor driver/controller. Refer the following link for such controller

https://electronics123.net/amazon/datasheet/KT-5190%20HS20%20Manual%204%20axis.pdf

yes thats what i'm trying to make from scratch. I want to make a 3 axis stepper motor controller for a bipolar motor . What I have decided is to make stepper driver for motor separately controlling from a single PIC. It would be great if you could help me with code or give some good direction as I'm only a novice as far as PIC is concerned

Will depends in motor power and type (4, 6 wires), but u can also drive a step-by-step motor with 4 MOSFETs, driven by a uC with the right 4bit sequence for activate the stepper coils.

Straightforward example : **broken link removed**

In which mode the controller works as a variable gain amplifier?

On-off

PID

integral

proportional

Status
Not open for further replies.