Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the transit frequency fT in Chapter 2 of Razavi's book

Status
Not open for further replies.

qiushidaren

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It is about Razavi's book Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits, in the problems of Chapter 2 there is a problem 2.13 about fT, but you know in Razavi's book Chaper 2 doesn't deal with anything about the concept of transit frequency so I am a little bit confused about this problem, I feel difficult to solve problem2.13, can someone give me some suggestions about solving the problems after each chapters.
Thank you in advance!

there is a solution manual available on the board just search for it

Added after 6 minutes:

Re: About the transit frequency fT in Chapter 2 of Razavi's

safwatonline said:
there is a solution manual available on the board just search for it

Added after 6 minutes:

broken link removed
Thank you for your link, but I have already got the solution manual, can you tell me some more details about the issue of fT.
Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

hello,
ft is the frequency at which the current gain equal unity, as in the solution manual u get the input current and output current and hence the current gain then equate it to unity to obtain the ft expression.
cutoff freq. is the frequency at which the MOS doesnt amplify the signal no more.

qiushidaren

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: About the transit frequency fT in Chapter 2 of Razavi's

safwatonline said:
hello,
ft is the frequency at which the current gain equal unity, as in the solution manual u get the input current and output current and hence the current gain then equate it to unity to obtain the ft expression.
cutoff freq. is the frequency at which the MOS doesnt amplify the signal no more.
Thank you, nice explanation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back