Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion for DC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krunal_299

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone here!
I am looking for a DC motor which has to run in velocity mode(no feedback control is required) at aprox. 2000 to 3000 rpm.
I have searched a lot to select motor type for that purpose.
I wish to use BLDC but it needs 3 phase control and PMDC has brush to maintain.
Any body suggest me a good alternate for this.
My requirement is as under:
90 to 100 Watt, DC motor upto 24 volt, 2000 to 3000 rpm w/o closed loop control.
Regards!

I wish to use BLDC but it needs 3 phase control and PMDC has brush to maintain.

Do you want single phase Brushless DC motor?
Are you sure it doesn't come in single phase?

Not exaclty know about single phase BLDC.

If you need a motor that has some torque at lower speed, a usual BLDC with 3 phase positional sensors is optimal. The effort isn't too high, the electronics fits in the motor housing. But also an asnchronous two or three phase motor with a variable frequency drive could be used. It's start-up torque is lower than with the BLDC but may be sufficient for many applications.

i need to choose a BLDC motor of 24V with an encoder for a rotary peristlatic pump? i need suggestions/ datasheets on what are the motor specifications that is used for this purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back