Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc to dc signal booster for analog to digital convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajeev

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to digitalise an analog DC ammeter of 0-750A range using pic16f876a. The voltage across the shunt resistor of ammeter ranges from 0-60mv DC. If I connect this shunt voltage to the input pin of 10 bit Analog to digital convertor of pic then the resolution will be very low. With 5v as reference, 1 division is equal to 4.8mv. So by converting this value to ampere range it will be 4.8*12.5= 60A. So the ampere changes by 60A for each division. ie 60A,120A....etc. I would like to boost the input DC value of 0-60mv to some what near the reference voltage, ie 0-5V. Any body have idea of doing this DC to DC signal boosting without loading the input signal. Please help me ...

Regards
sajeev

Use an op amp to gain to the voltage from 0-.06 to 0-5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back