Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] VHDL - Designworks 5 Runtime Error 680

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinigamiZR

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My code compiles without any errors, but when I try to run the simulation I get "Runtime Error at or near line 59 in process PROCESS000002_56 type PROCESS000002_56". Attached are my device and its testbench. It's the device that prompts the error. My testbench has an empty stimulus process because I'm stuck with the device.

View attachment fp_add.txt
View attachment fp_test.txt

Can someone tell me what the error means, how I can fix it, and how to avoid the same thing in the future?

This code does not conform to any standard templates. Did you write the code, or get disgnworks to export it? What simulator are you using? I am not familiar with design works.

This code probably wont synthesise for an FPGA because of the odd coding stule and the use of internal tristates. But the runtime error points to a variable declaration. Are you sure this is the correct code?

My partner wrote the code. The simulator is the one that Designworks runs.

According to my professor, the runtime error is due to the compiler being unable to allocate space. Declaring a dummy variable under the problem line solved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.