Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts in using yellow relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barasha

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
A yellow relay works on 12 V and has 5 pins. Can any one help me how do i chose the pins in it.

If you are talking about standard automotive relays that just happen to be yellow instead of black, here is a good discussion from the very basic to the standard numbering system used. Scroll about half way down to "Standard Mini" (page 8).

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/hweb2.pdf

If instead, you are talking about a special function relay, such as may be used in a safety system, then be very cautious. In the US, our airbag systems are color coded yellow and it is against the law to mess with them at all.

John

Most probably the relay diagram is as shown in the attached figure. If so, Pin 1 and 2 are the relay coil windings. Pin 3 is common and the pin 4 and 5 are NO / NC contacts, please check it using a multimeter.

Relay.JPG

The relay will have a make and model number written on it, Google for that and you will find the datasheet for it, this will tell you which pins are which.

BTW, no all yellow relays are automotive.

Thanks
The relay reads something like this.
HKK
HRSS 4H-S-12VDC
50/60 Hz

I couldn't find the datasheet.

[/COLOR]ark5230
Thanks
Yes it is.
Pins 4 and 5 shorts when connected to pin3

Last edited:

Status