Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do we name the circuit types according to their input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chang830

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We used "differtial circuit", "single ended circuit" to decribe our circuit. It is for input and not output, right? I mean, if my citrcuit is differential input and single ended output, the circuit contains a dif-to-single converter in it. We still define it as differtial block, right?

Thanks

Re: differtial circuit

Right ..

Rgds,
IanP

chang830

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
differtial circuit

yeah
But if citrcuit is differential input and single ended output and it's load resistance not current mirror,it will not restrain the common-mode signal.

The common-mode signal here you meant input signal or output signal?

Since it's single-ended output, there is no common-mode signal for the output signal.

hbchens said:
yeah
But if citrcuit is differential input and single ended output and it's load resistance not current mirror,it will not restrain the common-mode signal.

chang830 said:
We used "differtial circuit", "single ended circuit" to decribe our circuit. It is for input and not output, right?

Thanks

There are fully differential amplifiers if this is your hidden question (differential in-differential out).
In common OA terminology you have right.
But in RF, a single ended circuit could be the input (or the output) of transciever, as well a differential circuit could be another input (or output) of the same transciever.
Differential versus single ended means in RF an overal gain of 3dB.

Even a single ended output could have "common mode", but is called usually offset.

I think your answer is wright .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back