Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest a low price GSM module

Status
Not open for further replies.

info_req

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am working to interface microcotroller (Atmel 8051/PIC) with GSM Module. I need only to Receive and send SMS, and perform different actions such as to control valve through SMS request. I want only GSM Module no need of GSM/GPRS Module.
Please tell me if any one know about Cheapes TRIPLEBAND GSM MODULE. Price range in $50

Thanks in advance

low price GSM Module

u can use any mobile instead of GSM module or GSM Modem... some mobiles have biult in gsm modem and can be attached with microcontroller through serial port.

Re: low price GSM Module

a wavecom module is also good

info_req

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

dear friend

try simcom modules
check www.sim.com for more details

ml

Try with Telit.

Mandi

info_req said:
Hi all,
I am working to interface microcotroller (Atmel 8051/PIC) with GSM Module. I need only to Receive and send SMS, and perform different actions such as to control valve through SMS request. I want only GSM Module no need of GSM/GPRS Module.
Please tell me if any one know about Cheapes TRIPLEBAND GSM MODULE. Price range in $50

Thanks in advance

Greetings,

Use a phone instead a gsm module. I test the mobiles of brand "sony ericsson", they're great an supports most of AT Commands.

Good Luck

Simcom SIM900 are quite good and cheap and u can get the samples from distributors in china at 17-20$ .. i recently got 3 for 19 each...
if u want to have details of the supplier i can give it to you ... sim900 serires are good,and widely used... u would get gsm +gprs modem... its hard to find only gsm modem ...but that doesnt matter the price is quite good...

**broken link removed**
images
images

SIMCOm is mostly available in all countries. You can go with that. all other modems availability should be checked tooo. Use independent modules instead of mobiles, as in the long run the software gets corrupted.

Simcom SIM900 are quite good and cheap and u can get the samples from distributors in china at 17-20$ .. i recently got 3 for 19 each...
if u want to have details of the supplier i can give it to you ... sim900 serires are good,and widely used... u would get gsm +gprs modem... its hard to find only gsm modem ...but that doesnt matter the price is quite good...

**broken link removed**
images
images

please forward me info.... looking for or to built a gsm remote switch circuit/detail

Hi,

Pl, tell me how communicate using GSM modem by sms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back