Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Design Job in Melbourne Required !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJA

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a PCB layout Engineer in the UK and am looking to relocate to Australia in the Melbourne area. I have over 12 years experience in PCB layout using various CAD tools, Zuken Visula and Cadence Allegro 16.2. I would be grateful for any info on potential oppurtunities. Thanks.

Hi KJA,
Good luck with your search. In my opinion of searching for electronics design jobs in Australia is that the main bulk of design tools is Autocad. The main thrust for engineering in Aus right now is mining and railway. So if you are good at PLC's and Autocad, you are on to a winner. There is not a huge market for high end electronics.
But a try for you is black magic systems in Melbourne.
Hope it helps and good luck. Australia is a fantastic place to live, if you can get a job, and you won't get one from here, you have to go out there. Have a holiday, and go round all the agencies, get offered a job then go.

Monster munch.

Status
Not open for further replies.