Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PID for odometer obd 2 for CAN with Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

desgin

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am currently working in the project which fetches OBD (On Board Diagnostic)2 information from the different cars.
Well, I could read Vehicle Speed, Engine RPM, Coolant Temperature, Engine Run time from Start. So. i am sure that communication is happening in proper way.
But the my problem is, I couldn't find any PID for fetching the odometer & Fuel Tank Level in Percentage ...Since They both are one of the important parameter for our project, I cant ignore tat all.
I surfed on internet and got results saying that, its not legislated to read an odometer
But I saw some videos in youtube, in that they even write and change odometer values....

So there must some PID specifying the odometer, So please give your valuable suggestions
Its very urgent for me
please help me.

Diagnostics are meant to diagnose what is the status of the operational aspects of the car - specifically the engine. Whether it is working OK, or whether there are some parameter values which need attention for proper working.

I do not see how the odometer OR the current fuel tank reading could have any bearing on a diagnostic. The odometer might - in that if the car had gone 500000 miles and some parameters were out of whack, then the diagnostician might throw up his hands and just say "oh well, this vehicle has run its course".

HOWEVER - as a solution to your dilemna - since both odometer AND fuel level are readily visible from the drivers seat, and usually also quite static during any diagnostic run, maybe you can just manually feed in these numbers and not worry about "legislation" ? And how to change the value ... which IS illegal ?

Diagnostics are meant to diagnose what is the status of the operational aspects of the car - specifically the engine. Whether it is working OK, or whether there are some parameter values which need attention for proper working.

I do not see how the odometer OR the current fuel tank reading could have any bearing on a diagnostic. The odometer might - in that if the car had gone 500000 miles and some parameters were out of whack, then the diagnostician might throw up his hands and just say "oh well, this vehicle has run its course".

HOWEVER - as a solution to your dilemna - since both odometer AND fuel level are readily visible from the drivers seat, and usually also quite static during any diagnostic run, maybe you can just manually feed in these numbers and not worry about "legislation" ? And how to change the value ... which IS illegal ?

Ya i am getting all Engine parameters,which are Perfect.
issue is in Odometer & Fuel Tank in %.
i know address code also - 0xA6 is for Request odometer value and 0x2F is for Request Fuel Tank level in %.
As like Engine parameter i am request above 2 Request also but no response at all from Car.

Please help me out!!
Thanks a lot in advance.

Based on your response, I would think that probably the specific cars that you are testing on simply do NOT support odometer & Fuel readings. This especially so since all the other parameters are working and you are able to access them.

You should look up specifically for your particular cars if they do support or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.