Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeking advice for my job hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winsu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have been working in a company for 3 years an a half as an electronic design engineer. I have done schematics, layout, test prototypes...etc. When I started to work there was a good number of product range already developed, so what I have done mainly is adding features to existing products rather than design product from scratch. I am looking for a new job because for personal reasons I had to move city. I am finding a bit difficult to find something. I think I have an intermediate level and all the jobs that I see are either entry level or senior design engineer. I have done a couple of telephone interviews and they didn't go bad at all, but when they ask if they project I worked with were based on existing ones I had to say that they were based on previous designs. I didn't get a face to face interview because they think I haven't got enough design experience, but they told me that I didn't answer badly the questions, so it is a bit confusing.

I have got experience in the electronic design world but I haven't designed much from scratch and I am finding this as an obstacle to find a new job. Any recommendation on how I should treat this problem?, any idea will be good, thanks.

Regards,
Winsu.

Status
Not open for further replies.