Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About window comparator LTC1042

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAnand928

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was simulating the window comparator LTC1042 for one of my application in which if my input voltage goes above 1.5V and below 0.5V its the fault condition. and if the input voltage is between the above voltage levels its the working condition

But there are certain doubts that i have.

1. for input values less that 0.5V the output isn't responding. for voltage higher 1.5V i am getting high value at the output.

2. Does this IC behave perfectly for DC application? Because while simulating i faced an error telling about requirement of time domain simulation.

3. If not, which IC is best suited for my application?

Please help me to know where i am going wrong..

Please find below snapshot for more understanding

Thanks in advance for your help. window.PNG

I don't think you've read the data sheet.

There are TWO outputs you need to look at: WITHIN WINDOW and ABOVE WINDOW. You've set your center for 0.88 and width/2 to .77. That means when Vin is greater than 1.65V the ABOVE WINDOW output is high and WITHIN WINDOW low. When Vin is below 0.11V the WITHIN WINDOW and ABOVE WINDOW outputs are both low. Between 0.11V and 1.65V WITHIN WINDOW is high, ABOVE WINDOW is low.

Hi barry,
Actually i noticed it after i posted the question. Yes you are correct!!!
Can you help me for any other window comparator IC that would suit my application?

Thanks

Hi,

A dual comparator with open collector output will do the job.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.