Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

load sensing circuit help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

chand00786

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am in need of a circuit which can sense a preset load on Ac line(mains) and when the load exceeds the preset value it automatically turn on a 12v relay to shut down the ac mains circuit.and when the load falls bellow the preset value it again turn off the 12v relay to turn on the ac mains circuit again.

The big flaw I see in this what your trying to do, Well the way I look see it, Your feeding your circuit and the current goes higher so the relay turns on and cuts the power then there will be no current flowing so the realy will turn straight back again it would be doing this may be 3 to 4 times a second this could casue the relay to flash and stick, Plus you would need some way of measuring the current which may require a pic-micro, Even if you put a delay before the circuit comes back on but with the inrush current of the circuit been powered up again could cause it to shut down again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back