Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Booting Linux in SD card, How to pass the values to the linux program from the FPGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipin

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Booting linux in sd card::how to pass the values to linux program from fpga

hi,

i wanted to pass the values from a design which is running in fpga.. to hps through Linux loaded on sd card.
right now i am doing it using jtag cable+nios2. but i wanted to do it through linux running on the sd card. i got a helloworld demo program which runs using linux(from an sd card)..
but my problem is how will i pass the values to the c program from the fpga.....how to connect both...
in previously i done it with jtag bridge from qsys(iord and iowr instructions).. but here how can i do it...if anybody got any demo or any tips will be very usefull for me..
i dont have any idea how to do it...any help is really appreciated

thanks and regards

Re: Booting linux in sd card::how to pass the values to linux program from fpga

The Cyclone V SOC has dedicated interconnect between the FPGA and HPS.
These are:

1. H2F Bridge
2. F2H Bridge
3. LW Bridge

All of the above are AXI 3 base memory mapped and can be accessed from the OS running on the HPS.

Perhaps you'll find this interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTmDgNXIwKQ

Reactions: dipin

dipin

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

hi,
after some reading i think i need H2F bridge to take the data to the pc . but along with the hps what all are components i should use, i am not able to find a reference design .
i got 2 32 bit output register which should i store in a pc. some suggestion are like (other forms) , usage is similar witth nios 2 processor. but with nios 2 , i am using a on chip ram and jtag uart. but with hps shall i need to use both ?
any help is really appreciated :)

thanks and regards

HI,

i had completed the qsys system and sending the bits from fpga to hps using light-weight-hps to fpga bridge. but my problem is how can i access the number
in c code. which is the part of the hps. how will i get the numbers in c code from the bridge. can anybody give some suggestion(. in lightweight bridge and htof axi bridge )

any help will be really appreciated.

thanks and regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back