Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rplpoly layout matching problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am making 6bit R DAC (i.e. 64 resistor) with resistor value 300 ohm. After makin layout of my r string the layout resistor values are slightly different. The top and the bottom resistor values are more different than the pre simulation value. I am using maximum identical contacts and placing to make them matched. I am taking rplpoly for my resistor layout.

Please suggest..How I can make these resistor value identical in the layout.

Thanks

Compare netlist. How resistors are instantiated in schematic netlist and what is added into extracted netlist.

If it's applicable - You can adjust the physical W/L dimensions in order to match the resistor for different values.

Case 1: You put in identical schematic values and you
got (SDL synthesis) non-identical layout dimensions.
This would seem improbable.

Case 2: You got identical resistor segment geometries
but the extracted values are off by an integer multiple /
divisor. This might be a hookup error putting two links
in series or parallel.

Case 3: You got identical resistor segment geometries
but the extracted values are off by an arbitrary small
amount. This might be from "too much smarts" in the
layout extraction "doing things" to the extracted value
for stuff like proximity effects. Try putting 66 elements
and tying off the end ones to themselves, as "dummies".

How did you figure out the top and bottom resistance difference, and are those bigger or smaller values? How many contacts you have now, which layer are you using for wiring at the top/middle/bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back