Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with managing or filtering data from UART using GR47 development board

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrodrigo

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I am developing an avl product with GPRS...

The module that I am testing with the development board is GR47, but the literature and the documentation is very poor. :cry:

The big challenge in this moment is get GPS NMEA string from uart3. I can receive the data, but can't manage or filter the data.

:arrow:For ex: My GPS sends GPGGA, GPRMC, GPGGL strings, and I have to get only GPRMC string...

With "normal" C language I did it using a LPC2138 but with the module's IDE I could't :!::!::!:

Anyone can help me or send me any example of uart code for this module ??

Thanks in advance...

Wellington
:idea:

Re: GR47 - UART PROBLEM

Hi

Are you trying to design an avl who works drectly with GR47 processor ?

If your answer is yes, you need the GR47 SDK thay use a semi C language who can be downloadded directly to the processor flash memory

From my point of experience - this method is not working well the best way is to use an external microcontroller like MSP430,LPC2103,PIC8720 etc

All the best

Bobi

Hi Bob,

After a lot of tests we concluded the same thing... The best way is to use an external microprocessor..

We are using now the MC39i from Siemens, and a PIC microprocessor, all the firmware is ok and tested...

Thank you for your reply

Best Regards

Wellington

Hi friends,

Also my proplem is same as wrodrigo. I'm trying to filter data and get only GPRMC string.
But I must do this with using microcontroller such as PIC by coding in PicBasic. Do u think this is possible as we filter in PC programming? If it is possible can you help me for programming plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back