Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching between more bit-streams on FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSAKARIM

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can i make a control unit on FPGA to switch between 3 bit-streams while FPGA is running using Dynamic partial reconfiguration?

Can i make a control unit on FPGA to switch between 3 bit-streams while FPGA is running using Dynamic partial reconfiguration?

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.

Partial reconfiguration has both a full configuration bitstream and one or more partial bitstreams that can reconfigure a isolated portion of the design, while the rest of the design continues to function. This doesn't require a special control unit, unless you are intending to do the partial reconfiguration from inside the FPGA with ICAP. AFAIK if you are using Zynq you can perform the partial reconfiguration from the ARM too.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.

Partial reconfiguration has both a full configuration bitstream and one or more partial bitstreams that can reconfigure a isolated portion of the design, while the rest of the design continues to function. This doesn't require a special control unit, unless you are intending to do the partial reconfiguration from inside the FPGA with ICAP. AFAIK if you are using Zynq you can perform the partial reconfiguration from the ARM too.

yes i have more bit-streams and i need to reload them one by one (according to some issues) to the partial reconfiguration region without a need to host computer.

Reactions: Mai89

Mai89

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.