Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

probem in using a plot in gm over id method

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello , i want to implement the example of simple common source amlifier shown bellow.
I have constructed Id/(W/L) as a function of gm_id.

we calculated in the example that gm/id=14 which in my plot i got Id/(W/L)=7.7uA

i Have W already when i created the plots so i have all the data when i created the plots.I dont know what do i input into that and what do i output .
What do i do now with the Id/(W/L)=7.7uA ?
Thanks

6.JPG

5.JPG

7.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

The plots for Id/W vs gm/Id and gm/Cgs vs. gm/Id are to first order independent of W. So, you don't have to think that your W is the W you used to generate the plots. Actually, W should be the result of your design, once you pick L based on some other considerations, for example dc gain or Ft. Bottom line you choose W based on the current you need to burn to meet the specs and you choose it form the Id/W plots.

Can I ask, where did you get this example from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back