Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modelsim console configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtr

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

So I'm aware how to turn off certain warnings for example (NumericStdNoWarnings = 1.)

However I would like to know how I can change the text color? If at all possible.

I'm triggering modelsim 10.6 by running the following command in Linux red hat ksh terminal, my environment variable for TERM = xterm (which enables colour modes with vim)

vsim -c

Once in the console window I like to run various command like
vcom -93 -work mylibrary my_file.vhd

However the console just displaces plain old text. I was hoping there is a way I could get the error messages to display in colour. <similar to how git informs the use of status>

I've looked through the tcl command book with keyword "color" - it mostly relates to gui aspects like configuring the wave pane.

When in gui mode the transcript window is coloured, so essentially I'm hoping the same is possible in console mode.

Regards,
Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back