Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does Foundry provide different Process Models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyre

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm aware that the Foundry provides the different models - ss, ff, tt etc - which will be used to characterize a standard cell library and extract the .libs. And we use OCV's, which basically say that a single type of cell can vary across a die which in-turn causes variation in its delay.

I'm curious to know HOW does the foundry analyze these models and categorize them as given above? and for OCV's, how are they able to determine the probability i.e. percentage variation of a cell?

They spend a lot of money bringing up and analyzing their process. They know how good and how bad the transistors (and wires) can be. These days there is a lot more than BC and WC corners, it is not uncommon to see 10+ process corners when you combine wire variation with transistor variation.

Reactions: Wyre

Wyre

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back