Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded Sys: PIC 12F1572 NVM Write/Erase/Read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArvindEdaB

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working on the PIC Micro controller where it got a data flash of 128 bytes which were divided into 74 locations(14 bits each), I have an requirement of writing 100 bytes on the memory.

Upto my understanding in order to write into NVM PMADRH:pMADRL register pair should be filled with the desired register next to it then load the data and initiate the operation, But there is a problem in here How can I write a 100 byte buffer/Array into the Data flash which got divided into the locations of 14 bit each. May be this calls for a bigger complexity in writing/reading. even if I proceed, I cannot afford for it in terms of code memory as only 26 bytes left.

Kindly correct me if my understanding is wrong, and help me with an solution.

Check the "Note 1" under Table 3-1 in the datasheet - it states that the addresses only apply to the bottom byte of the address. Therefore you have 128 bytes (each 8-bits) of high endurance flash memory.
I'm not sure where you got the information that the 128 bytes is divided into 74 locations from. The addresses are (for your MCU) from 0x780 to 0x7ff.
Therefore accessing these memory locations is straight forward.
Also what do you mean by only having 26 bytes left? Are you saying that you have only 26 locations free in the normal programming area of flash?
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.