Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Keyboard amd mouse driver problem. How to solve. [Urgent]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I have 2 HHDs. Both can be used to boot as both has windows 7 ultimate os installed. I have a strange problem since today. One HDD is 2TB and another is 500 GB. I use 2TB HDD usually to boot. Today my keyboard and mouse stopped working and I was not able to log in to machine as I had to type in the password. I tried to go to boot menu and tried to boot using different options like safe mode, cmd prompt mode,...

But none works as keyboard and mouse doesn't work. So, I tried to boot using my 500 GB HDD and made 2 TB HDD as slave. Now I was able to log in as keyboard and mouse worked. So, my keyboard, mouse, motherboard, USB controller (for KB and mouse) are all fine. Actually I am posting this message after booting with 500 GB HDD.

Now please somebody tell me how to solve the issue. I need to use 2 TB HDD as primary drive and boot. Is there any way I can delete the KB and mouse Drivers in the 2TB HDD when it is connected as slave so that after doing that I am be able to boot it and windows will install the drivers again.

Except some folders on the 2TB HDD, I can access all the folders when it is connected as a slave. I am totally confused. I have installed Compilers on 2TB HDD and I need to do some programming urgently. KB works if I try to enter BIOS but as soon as the drivers are loaded both KB and mouse become freezed.

is it usb keyboard and mouse????

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't get you.

Are you using external hard disk instead of internal ??? To boot the OS.

Yes. I am using USB KB and mouse. It is working fine when I boot with 500 GB HDD. Both my HDDs are internal but I keep my PC open so that I can connect which ever HDD I want. I think the problem is corrupted usbhid driver. As both mouse and keyboard drivers can't get corrupted.

I somehow I can delete the drivers used for USB then I will boot with 2 TB HDD in safemode and try if windows installs the drivers.

Edit: I have an Idea . I will copy all usb drivers from my 500 GB HDD to 2 TB HDD and see if it works but for that I want to know where will be the drivers in system32 folder so that I can replace them. I only have to replace drivers related to usb.

Give some idea.

plug-in any pen drive in one of the usb port.

And check if its get detected in bios. ( option boot using usb (corresponding pen drive name) )

If it detects, install ubuntu or light weight os.

To check whether its a usb driver problem.

I tried to solve the problem in a different way and it is partly solved. I replaced all .sys files in windows\system32\drivers in 2 TB HDD with files from 500 GB HDD. Now while booting Keyboard and mouse works but system doesn't boot and it gives an option to use a restore point and I have not created any restore points.

Thanks. I have Windows 7 DVD. I think it is some virus likw Win32.Rustock.0 which disables keyboards and mouse while booting. I connected my HDD as secondary drive and booted with my 500 GB HDD and scanned the whole 2 TB HDD with Kaspersky, AVG, and Bitdefender. I put all the infected files inside a zip file and put a password for it. None of the system files were infected and Antivirus did not detect any boot secor virus in my 2 TB HDD.

Get hold of a ps/2 keyboard and mouse (if ur motherboard has ports for them) and try... once in... plug the usb keyboard & mouse, delete the drivers and perform auto detect... then once the legacy drivers are found, try to search for latest drivers from the OEM website...

Status
Not open for further replies.