Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

live wire & battery line problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir
I am using a battery line for a long distant say 5 meters & it is coinciding or say it is inside casing with main line of 230 volts

Though the battery line is working to the either side very nicely but any disturbance in main's line causes automatically switching flip flops etc etc etc

when i switch on light or fan of the room it is effecting my network connected to battery line on either side

untitled.JPG

Last edited:

Your electronic circuit is sensitive to interference. Therefore- do NOT use the DC line so close to AC main line. Separate them into separate cables. Use AC filter(s) to reduce AC power line interference. If possible, use a logic with a large trigger voltage, and if you can, slow the triggering signal by a low-pass filter to reduce circuit response to unwanted signals.

In extreme circumstances use optical fiber for logic circuits like it is done in high-quality audio systems.

Your electronic circuit is sensitive to interference. Therefore- do NOT use the DC line so close to AC main line. Separate them into separate cables. Use AC filter(s) to reduce AC power line interference. If possible, use a logic with a large trigger voltage, and if you can, slow the triggering signal by a low-pass filter to reduce circuit response to unwanted signals.

In extreme circumstances use optical fiber for logic circuits like it is done in high-quality audio systems.

oh woww so many things i come to know here ,
kk sir would you please let me have some schematic of such filters ?

i have no options for now to separate dc cables with ac line & too optical fibre cables are not available here . .
so please let me have some detail of ac filters & other sources you have explained above

thanks

AC line filters are best offered in commercial versions. Google manufacturers. Use safe ratings for AC peak voltage and current.
For low-pass filters, use RC combinations like 1 kOhm in series, 1 to 10 nF in parallel. Test your electronics first before connecting the long cable, then with it and AC interference.

okk sir i got the theory but if possible please have me a diagram of it please . .thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back