Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sequence generator in verilog????

Status
Not open for further replies.

priyanka24

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ...
i want to generate 'q' strings of 0's followed by 1 and this i want to implement using verilog.
me not getting how to implement it as output is variable number of bits.
can anybody help me in this to get it in veriog??

if you r talking abt PRBS(Pseudo Random Binary Sequence) generator, u should specify how many bits or the length . If u want n- bit PRBS generator ,then it can give u 2^n-1 binary sequences.
For PRBS FPGAsRus PRBS which are usually implemented using an LFSR(linear Feedback Shift register) i.e shift register with linear feedback.
.......hope it helps

if you r talking abt PRBS(Pseudo Random Binary Sequence) generator, u should specify how many bits or the length . If u want n- bit PRBS generator ,then it can give u 2^n-1 binary sequences.
For PRBS FPGAsRus PRBS which are usually implemented using an LFSR(linear Feedback Shift register) i.e shift register with linear feedback.
.......hope it helps

this is not what i exactly want. actually i want to implement 'Golomb rice coding' in verilog.
In this two numbers are there for example N and M.N/M is calculated. Now any quotient q i get. That q i have to encode using unary coding.
Unary coding is implemented by q string of 0's followed by 1.
for example if q=2 then i hv to get unary code as '001'.
problem is that q can be anything and hence unary code length is not fixed. so i dnt think its possible with help of LFSR.
so plz help me how to implement unary code in verilog.

No idea. I would suggest to get the algo 1st and then write it in C or Matlab , then to verilog .

No idea. I would suggest to get the algo 1st and then write it in C or Matlab , then to verilog .
i hv implemented that in matlab.i understood steps also for tht algorithm.now i started implementing it in verilog so i stuck at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back