Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tuning of transconductance in OTA circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

student14

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I want to tune the transconductance of OTA. For transconductance tuning I have to vary the biasing current but How can I vary the biasing current what circuitry should be used to vary the biasing current for transconductance tuning.

Do you speak about a commercial OTA unit?
In this case, the data sheet gives you some information about the corresponding pin and the internal voltage at this pin.

Do you speak about a commercial OTA unit?
In this case, the data sheet gives you some information about the corresponding pin and the internal voltage at this pin.

No, I am taking about the schematic diagram to simulate in CADENCE. How can I tune the biasing current? There might be some tuning circuitry that can be varied which can tune the transconductance.

How about a variable current source?

Yes, but after simulating I have to fabricate chip I think while to fabricate the circuit we might have to use some tunable circuitry to vary the biasing currents? The current source can not be fabricated like this? This is what I understood Correct me if I am wrong?

How about a simple (large) resistor?
Do you need linear tuning?

Yes I need linear tuning.

How simple resistor vary the bias current. If resistor value fixed then tuning is not possible. Normally OTA are electronically tunable. There biasing currents can be tuned. I also want to tune the biasing current.

OTA is electronically tunable. I want to tune the OTA biasing current how can I tune that. The tuning circuitry in different research articles are not shown. What circuit can be designed/used to tune the biasing of OTA.

Hi,

Did you read and try post#4?

Klaus

Hi,

Did you read and try post#4?

Klaus

How can I design a variable current source. I have provided biasing of the OTA simply by using current mirrors so I have a fixed current. For tuning how can I design a variable current source. I have to fabricate the OTA.

Normally OTA are electronically tunable. There biasing currents can be tuned. I also want to tune the biasing current.

Typical OTA ICs have current mirror inputs for bias setting

lm3080.PNG

lm13700.PNG

lt1228.PNG

You didn't yet mention what's the characteristic of the involved tuning source. If it's a voltage source and you want a linear tuning characteristic, you'll design a linear V/I converter. I presume it's discussed somewhere in your analog design text books.

Hi mate, You can use current mirror based binary DAC topology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back