Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OV7670 camera interface with Digilent SPARTAN 3E

Status
Not open for further replies.

adwnis123

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

What modifications should I use in this VHDL code:

**broken link removed**

in order to make it run on Spartan 3E Starter kit?

The above code has been written for Nexys2. If I change only the nexys2.ucf file to correspond to the the Digilent Spartan 3E will it work? Should I make any other changes?

Thank you

From what I saw at a glance it looks like all the code is synthesizable behavioral RTL and should only require a new UCF file to assign the pins to the equivalent locations on the Digilent board.

The only issues might be the size of the part if the starter board is a smaller FPGA or if there isn't an interface available or the correct clock frequency on the starter board.

The only issues might be the size of the part if the starter board is a smaller FPGA or if there isn't an interface available or the correct clock frequency on the starter board.

Is this something that I can configure with software, I mean with the correct VHDL code?

Thank you

Is this something that I can configure with software, I mean with the correct VHDL code?

Thank you

Uhh...yes?

If the part is too small you'll either have to get a different board than the starter board or have to sacrifice features/functions in the design until it fits, i.e. change the VHDL code until the design is small enough and still does something useful that you need. If you can't remove anything from the design then you'll need a bigger FPGA.

Spartan 3E has not enough IO pins to connect it to the OV7670. What should I do in this case?

Also, how do I put a VGA interface in this FPGA:

https://pldkit.com/xilinx/xmf5

?

Thank you...

Last edited:

Hi,

The OV7670 needs more than 60 I/O to connect to the spartan? Are you sure?

Klaus

Hi,

which I have no experience of this module
I assume you are experienced enough not be afraid to use a new connector.... this is no rocket science.

Additionally there are several adapter PCBs available.

Klaus

Is there any distributor in Europe that sells 100 pin FX2 Hirose to connect SPARTAN 3E to this:
https://store.digilentinc.com/fx2-module-interface-board-limited-time/

I have send around 10 e-mails to different stores/web stores/electronics stores, nobody sells this kind of cables. I will keep trying however. But I thought some one here could give directions..

Also, does this:
**broken link removed**

work for what I need?

Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back