Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cross section view with Cadence Virtuoso layout editor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srdjee

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
layout cross section

If it's possible with this tool, how to get cross section view of layout ?

10x
;)

cadence cross section

No!
Cadence Virtuoso Layout Editor doesn't have this feature.
I know the only layout editor that has this capability: Tanner

virtuoso layout editor download

If you need to see a simple structure (i.e. inductors), you could export your gds and open it with Sonnet. Sonnet has a 3D viewer, but you should setup the tecnhology file.

regards..

gen_cross_section

Why do you want/need that ?

As far as I know there are/were third-party skill scripts that did this. Some gdsii viewers are also able to do that, I think.

cadence layout editor

I'm writing some tutorials so that's why I need cross section view.
Well, I know that it can be extracted to gds or cif , and I imported with L-Edit but it's not good because I don't have apropriate technology file for L-Edit (AMI06 from NCSU kit) .

I'll try to find something.

10x

virtuoso layout editor

L-edit needs not technology file, it generates layers from gdsii file loaded.
you chose colors for layers after.

socgds read cadence tech file, also does crosssection,

**broken link removed**

virtuoso layout editor free download

Microwind can give 2d and 3D views.
2D view is available in their evaluation version.

I am sorry that I am not sure whether it can read in GDSII files in the evaluation version.

cadence virtuoso download

There's a tool called "koala" which generate all sorts of cross-sections and three dimensional views from GDSII.

You can take a look at **broken link removed**, although last time I checked they'd disabled downloads.

gdsii cross section

Yes, koala can generate 3D and 2D views from your GDSII file, but unfortunately, they disabled download and even they don't allow you to buy it anymore.
I hope that someone had downloaded it before can upload it here. It's a FREE tool.

On the other hand, according to Wikipedia here :
With the free tools "gds2pov" and POV-Ray you can easy convert GDSII data into a nicely rendered 3D view.
Regards,
Ahmad,

cadence 3d view

I managed to contact the guy who wrote koala (it turns out that it's just one guy, not a team) and he told me that he *wanted* to carry on giving it away but there was some sort of problem with the toolkit he was using.

virtuoso layout editor window version

it's there, need to know how to use them

what is virtuoso layout tool

Try this free tool! push Helped is good.

free cadence cross section tool

Try this free tool! push Helped is good.

gds virtuoso editing download

Ok.

I emailed the gentleman responsible for shapeshifter again and he told me that although he wasn't planning on enabling downloads, he doesn't mind creating screen dumps of chip cross sections for people.

I hope this helps the original poster (I also hope it helps shapeshifter, he seems like a nice chap).

Roger.

free gds cross section tool

anyone downloaded koala before suspension?

layout 3d view cadence

Gentlemen,

I just visited the **broken link removed** website again and it seems to be undergoing some sort of overhaul: there's been a couple of new pictures added, so I'm guessing they're getting ready to enable downloads again.

I emailed the owner to find out what's going on, and I'll post the reply here.

koala gds viewer

does Cadence Virtuoso can do that?!

gds 3d viewer cadence tech file

I wrote a tool a while back that integrates with Virtuoso to generate cross sections. You need to give it details of your process and what colours/geometry to use but after that it's plain sailing.

**broken link removed**

Cheers,

Roger

koala shapeshifter gdsii

I don't know if this thread should be considered "dead" now, but it looks like things are moving again at **broken link removed**. The site's been updated and there are impressive-looking screen-shots in their gallery.

I emailed them last week and got a reply that they're planning on releasing a commercial version of koala sometime soon. I also asked about free downloads and they told me that there would almost certainly be some sort of free version, but they didn't seem to clear about the details.

Roger Hawthorne.

what does a cross section view look like

The gallery shown seem to model the physical process steps without any lateral effects. It could have a good value if some of the important lateral effects are built in. In this case you can optimize the density of a SRAM cell by checking the 3D spacings.

If only metal 3D is shown it the impression that everything is capacitive connected. But there is no rule or measure indicating coupling violation.

The questions is what is the value for engineering beside having a nice pic for ppt, that is my layout, nice looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back