Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulink Model for charging battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

said76

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
greetings.
I designed a model on simulink. a battery powers a motor.
my question is :
the battery discharges if the machine is in engine operation.
if I enter a negative speed so generator operation, how to charge this battery by braking.
cordially .

A generator requires effort to crank so it provides current to a load. The greater the power output, the harder it is to turn the generator. I think that is the braking action.

So you could aim the vehicle downhill and let it roll down the hill charging the battery. The wheels turn the motor which provides voltage. The vehicle's speed is slowed by braking action of the motor due to the force required to turn it.

The principle is the same when charging a capacitor from a motor. Stop spinning the motor, and the capacitor continues to spin the motor for a while in the same direction as when it charged the capacitor.

You do not need to reverse direction of the motor, nor reverse the wires between motor and battery. You do need to spin the motor fast enough to overcome battery voltage. Or else introduce a step-up converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back