Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which is the best entropy coding method for wavelet ac coefficients

Status
Not open for further replies.

tojeena

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which is the best entropy coding method for wavelet ac coefficients ?Is it huffman,arithmetic or run length encoding?

which is the best entropy coding method for wavelet ac coefficients ?Is it huffman,arithmetic or run length encoding?

Hi tojeena, I suggest huffman encoding is better than the other two unfortunately if you have to encode a long run of symbol then obviously you have to choose run length encoding technique...

Hope it may be Helpful to you...

others correct me if I am wrong...

Thank u fr ur reply...but arithmetic coding is used in SPIHT...

Thank u fr ur reply...but arithmetic coding is used in SPIHT...

Hi tojeena i will say some disadvantages of arithmetic coding

1)whole codeword must be received to start decoding the symbols.
2) if a bit is corrupt in code word means the whole message will be corrupted.
3) the precision in the limit will limit to the number of encoding in an code word.

if above mentioned are not constrained to you then arithmetic code can be used...
Hope this may be helpful....

Others correct me if I am wrong...

Will this disadvantage matters for image?

Will this disadvantage matters for image?
Hi tojeena,

It is based on image,

if it is medical then 2nd demerit matters a lot .
if it is defense image then 3rd demerit matters a lot .

Hope it may be Helpful to you...

others correct me if I am wrong....

Oh..i am using satellite image.are you sure about this?When compared to huffman arithmetic coding is slower,thats what i know...

Thankyou..

ya i am sure, well based on your requirements choose the coding techniques...

all the best...

I thought of using it because SPIHT compression is making use of arithmetic coding.Confused.

why cant you try with some other compression algorithm...
if you are interest you just send me the base paper of your project to me and i can suggest you some algorithm if possible...

**broken link removed**. This is my base paper.They have mentioned any variable length coding,.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

It is given in page.4

Hi toojeena, I have gone through your Paper. I suggest you to refer this link https://www.mathworks.in/matlabcent...goritm-based-image-compression&watching=22552 for the types of coding techniques for Sphit algorithm...

For easy going you first develop the compression process of your base paper in simulink model so that you can adjust the parameter easily and find the performance of the different types of algorithm and coding techniques...instead of writing a code for long period...

then, You split the proposed algorithm in to different phase and write a code so that you can easily get through the error....
NOTE: Before choosing the algorithm you should be very clear with the CCSDS Requirements of Image compression

all the best....
Hope this may be helpful to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back