Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Real Time plotting At Higher Baud rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

illegal121

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello there friends...
I just want to ask that is this possible to plot real time data at baud rate 57600..
If it is possible the which software is best for this either C++,VB,MATLAB..
Please guide me I want to plot my data real time , have already tried with MATLAB but baudrate is high and matlab is plotting t0o slowly ...
Thank you ..

Hi illegal121,
National Instruments LabVIEW would be able to handle this. Programming is easy. If you wish, I can show some links to start with LabVIEW and serial communication.

hi thank you vinoth ...

Okay you said that it is possible , but I was thinking that since baud rate is 57600 means data is coming too fast so plot will be also fast that we cant analyze anything in it... ?
Let me tell you that my data @ hyperterminal is like this

211 121
212 32
43 76
231 104

means ch1 and ch2 of ADC... So what you think should I start with labview..
Please guide...!

we have to apply concept of Cathode Ray Oscilloscope here. CRO is able to show the waveforms in the order of MHz easily... how?
We are using time/div control to adjust the horizontal sweep time. This control determines how much number of horizontal divisions, that our waveform should occupy. Similarly while writing code you have to incorporate this feature.
The java applet in this website may help Basic Function of an Oscilloscope

Last edited:

Ohkay thank you..

I am starting with labview.. If you have some sort of material which can help me so please share..

Thanks Once again..

Interface speed does not determine needed drawing speed. You have to consider size of data set (number of samples simultaneously displayed) and display update frequency.
57600 is pretty low speed still.
Personally I would prefer LabWindows than LabView - base editions have same price but LabWindows has deployment capability.
There are few links to open source oscilloscope software at **broken link removed**
For best performance use hardware acceleration. With OpenGL (and without any fancy optimization) drawing 14k samples (if this is single plot samples are overlapping of course) takes appox. 3 ms on Pentium M @ 600 MHz + Radeon 9000M (tested).

Last edited:

Means that avoiding number of repeating samples but taking updating samples when data has been updated...?

I'm saying that data rate is not as important as data set size and plot refresh frequency - take a look i.e. how oscilloscope roll mode works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back