Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SC Sigma-Delta Modulator strange performance! Anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mylove

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I design a SC Sigma-Delta ADC for audio application as showed in the attached Figure. The ADC is designed to work under supply voltage range of 1.6V to 3.3V and clock freq. of 2.56MHz. I have fabricated 2 chip for testing.
- Chip01 with the VDD/GND are shared for analog and digital sub-locks. It works well with VDD = 1.6 ~ 2.2 V and Fclk =2.56MHz. If I increase Fclk>3.5MHz, it works well for full range supply (1.6~3.3V).
- Chip02 with uses LDO regulator to separate the supplies for analog and digital sub-locks. It doesn't work with Fclk =2.56MHz for any VDD. If I increase Fclk>4.5MHz, it works well for full range supply (1.6~3.3V).

The core circuits are the same for the 2 chips except some different coefficients.

Anyone know the reasons, please tell me! Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back