Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dosing system for multiple types of foods

Status
Not open for further replies.

adolfoe

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I don't know if this is better in this section or the automation section, in any case I would let the moderation decide.

I am working with a customer intrested in have a mixer designed,

The mixer has three size containers, maximum size is 1Gallon
The material on the container must be introduced in the mixing part in a controller way.
Customer wants to have the option of controlling either by volume or by weight.

Customer also wants the container working regardless if the material is liquid, powder or solid.

Customer has not been clear about the exact ingredients of the material.

I only know
1) Liquids: Like cooking oil, milk, water, etc.
2) Powders: Sugar, Flour,etc.
3) Solids: Like Dough

Is there any type of pump or mechanism that could work with all 3 types?

If not

What type of mechanism would you suggest for solids?
Can Liquids and powders use the same device?

Size is an important factor here.

Thanks for your suggestions.

What type of mechanism would you suggest for solids?
Can Liquids and powders use the same device?

The aperture of the nozzle should be sufficient for powders of different granules to flow interrupted. A means for ensuring that is coupling to a high-frequency, low-amplitude vibration mechanism.

The Archimedes screw comes to mind. It conveys liquid or powder. (Also grain though you didn't specify it.) To make it small and simple to operate will require a lot of testing and experimentation.

To carry liquid might be more convenient by tilting the screw upward.
I imagine it's easier to measure by volume rather than weight. I don't see an easy method to measure by weight.

If you have just one pump then you'll have to clean it after each use. Cleaning an archimedes screw is easy if you put a hinge effect along the tube, so you can open it up just like it's a door. All parts become accessible with a toothbrush and soapy water.
(However suppose you're able to manufacture the screw cheaply then you could install one in each storage bin. No need to clean after use.)

Consider 3D printing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back