Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synthesizing design modules with different constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcnvcc

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My question is based on edf file (after sythesis)

say my design is divided in to 12 different bolcks, now i am sythesizing top module, calling all modules in that top module. keeping synthesis constraint same for all and getting edf file format after synthesis.

i want to know can i synthesis different module with different synthesis constraint and finally merge all edf, module wise in top level entity. if yes how to do that??

Thanks.

Yes Surely you can do that . In mentor tool for RTL precison tool you can go block by block and do synthesis and find the edif file. People often do that as there might be the case when each module might hve different contraints for the design.
vipul

Don't know if this works for you or not:

current_design block_A
... contraint for A ...
current_design block_B
... contraint for B ...
current_design top
... other constraints ...
compile -inc

thanks to all for responding

but now question is how to integrate those sub modules in top level????? Also it is required to get edf for top level module??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back