Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Footprint does not show up in Allegro

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick1989

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using Allegro 16.5. I created my own BGA footprint using the inbuilt Package symbol wizard (File -> New -> PAckage Symbol (Wizard)). However, I cannot seem to view it when I try to open it. When I open the symbol, the command window says "Opening Existing Design ..." and then goes to the command prompt. My screen refreshes but it refreshes to a blank screen.

I modified the existing bgapad.pad padstack so as to include a soldermask on it. As such, I have two layers, the top and the top soldermask. Can someone help me out on this?

Thank you.

EDIT: Just as a FYI, I have ssh'ed to our university server (my univ. has the Cadence license so I have to run it from there). Could this be a problem because of that?

Last edited:

file--->open--->select your footprint name (.dra file format) as i mention in image file.(if want to open board file select .brd)

Check the path of the footprint.This could be due to change in the location of bga footprint.
Try File>>open>>and select file type *.dra as shown in above thread>> select the location of your footprint in file name.

Thank you both for your replies. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my question. I have opened the footprint by selecting the file type as .dra and then clicking on the required footprint to open it. The command window says "Opening existing design..." and then shows nothing. A blank screen, same as BEFORE I clicked on File->Open->.dra file.

did you tried opening any other footprint package?if it is problem in all footprints than you have to check library paths(padpath and psmpath) other wise there is issue with footprint try recreating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back