Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windows/Linux on your H/W

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdalla

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
All what I want to know is..What is the H/W architecture needed to be found for Windows/Linux to go on ..I saw some people ported Windows on there own H/W how...???? any help will be appreciated

:!:

Look, if a 133mhz and 32mb ram you can use windows ce, windows mobile, etc...with a worst hardware you can run linux. My personal Tip: you can use an older version of linux, such as Slackware. Today, slack is on version 12 or 13. You can download version 5, for example. You will get a good OS in your embedded system, with a 486 with 16mb RAM. Windows is more complicated, but the result is "clearer" than Linux. You can choose. Good Luck

Breno

thanks for your reply
i need more help from you ..what is architecture needed by the Linux (ex: ubunto )
to run on any Hardware..Is there any Book/Site that can help

btminzon said:
Look, if a 133mhz and 32mb ram you can use windows ce, windows mobile, etc...with a worst hardware you can run linux. My personal Tip: you can use an older version of linux, such as Slackware. Today, slack is on version 12 or 13. You can download version 5, for example. You will get a good OS in your embedded system, with a 486 with 16mb RAM. Windows is more complicated, but the result is "clearer" than Linux. You can choose. Good Luck

Breno

Hey abdalla....you can try firstly at ubuntu site. If you no longer will use graphical interface, i'm surelly you can run on any 386 with 133Mhz, and maybe less processor...but if you will use graphical interface, probably KDE isn't the better option. You can try another lightweight X server. Try searching ubuntu site, or, better, www.google.com/linux. Its a google just for linux!!!! Try searching also embedded linux in this site.....good luck!!

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com