Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

windows 7 get shutown + bluescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ep.hobbyiest

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my win7 get shutdown 10-15 times a day when i started to work. If i open proteus maximum of time it get shutdown and blue screen comes and written on blue screen "physical memory dumping..." something like this
it apears only for 1-2 seconds.
After power on following message comes on scrren
Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	BlueScreen
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:	ca
  BCP1:	00000001
  BCP2:	88AEA9B8
  BCP3:	85C8EF00
  BCP4:	00000000
  OS Version:	6_1_7600
  Service Pack:	0_0
  Product:	256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\100314-24710-01.dmp
  C:\Users\AAAA\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-80371-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Did you run the self diagnostic when you start up? Including the ram check?

I started getting a similar problem with a laptop running Win 7 (which I had recently purchased used). Freezes for no apparent reason. Blue screen for no apparent reason. It happened most often when I was playing videos. It got so I could only operate it for a few minutes.

I ran an anti-virus (Microsoft Security Essentials). I ran sfc (System File Check). I forget what else. Things reported to be okay.

I ran the self-diagnostic. During the ram check it reported a bad location, then halted. I tried a few more times. I noticed it was always a different location.

I opened the case and removed the ram chip. I found green deposits on the contacts.

I cleaned the contacts with a pencil eraser. (Slightly abrasive, but not too abrasive.) I reinstalled the ram.

After I did that, the laptop got all the way through the ram check. I have not had a recurrence of the problem for months now.

Videos use a lot of memory. This could be the reason I had more crashes when playing videos, because it is more likely to access a bad ram location.

Does Proteus use a lot of memory?

Yes problem was due to overhead of software over limited hardware I Think.
Bcoz after unistalling software problem not shown after.

Status
Not open for further replies.