Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Width of FINFET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOHAMMAD ALEEM

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to change the width of FINFET . I have designed an FINFET based differential amplifier using gm id technique and if i am using minimum fin number which is 1 then also my channel length goes in um range. Is there anyway to quantize the channel width

It's the fin count that determines the effective gate "width" in FinFETs.

The number of fins is your quantization in FinFETs.

The width of on fin (in the top view of the layout) is fixed, and the channel width corresponds (loosely speaking) to the height of the fin (this information is abstracted, hidden from the designers and layout engineers).

It's the fin count that determines the effective gate "width" in FinFETs.

The number of fins is your quantization in FinFETs.

The width of on fin (in the top view of the layout) is fixed, and the channel width corresponds (loosely speaking) to the height of the fin (this information is abstracted, hidden from the designers and layout engineers).
what if we want to decrease the width as number of fin cannot be reduced below 1 and also nfin must be integer

I am talking about real FinFETs used in real semiconductor technologies, that cost billions and billions of dollars to develop.

In FinFETs in papers and in tehjoretical researchm you can do anything - change fin width, height, etc.

I am talking about real FinFETs used in real semiconductor technologies, that cost billions and billions of dollars to develop.

In FinFETs in papers and in tehjoretical researchm you can do anything - change fin width, height, etc.
can you elaborate more how to write code in hspice for FINFET..as i am unable to change the width ...

M1 D S G1 G2 B pfet w=15u l=12n nfin =1
is this fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.