Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why ***** word was changed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeet_asic

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just sent one PM to one of the member. But when i saw my message in Sent Items , one of word was changed into ***** , why ?

Sentence was : I wanna ***** the interview

Now , its " I wanna ****** the interview ?

????

- - - Updated - - -

again changed ??????

There is a filter with a list of words that replaces them with asterisk, which word where you tying to use? (use dots between letters)

c.r.a.c.k

I was just using this word in " I wanna c.r.a.c.k the interview " .

It's one of those odd words which has several meanings, one of which is the name of a d.r.u.g.
The Forum bans all occurences without realizing the context you intended. Sadly, many automated mailers post adverts for these substances in forum messages, that's why it has to be removed.

Brian.

"Up North" it's called the Scunthorpe effect (which doesn't seem to get filtered nowadays) :)

Keith

I think the filter was intended for software c.racks as was the word patch which has been removed a while ago

You can write that word with dots between letters, such Alex says, and no problem. If someone write something bad or ugly, or something against forum rules, admins should delete that contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.