Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which to choose? sim com or quectel gsm module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherazi

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to use a gsm module in my project ... i have checked teh price and its ok for both, can any plz help me in choosing one of them..

i need sms+call functions only

further more easy to interface and use... and also easy to solder or connect
plz help...
suggest what you feel would be good?
what is the differnce b/w simcom 900 and 300 series?

sim com aje deh...kagak ngerti juga ane...anyway

Using mother language in a global forum considered as a bad manner!

Translation: Just use sim com, i dont understand either... anyway.

Simcom is a lot more famous then quectel, means it's been used and proved by many people around the world.

But Quectel (M10 for example) has one big wining point over Simcom: MMS support!.

SIM900 planed to have MMS support but too bad still not ready until now, being said by a FAE of Simcom.

If you need t send MMS then quectel is your choice, if not better stick to simcom or wait for the SIM900 MMS ready.

-ichan

Using mother language in a global forum considered as a bad manner!

Translation: Just use sim com, i dont understand either... anyway.

Simcom is a lot more famous then quectel, means it's been used and proved by many people around the world.

But Quectel (M10 for example) has one big wining point over Simcom: MMS support!.

SIM900 planed to have MMS support but too bad still not ready until now, being said by a FAE of Simcom.

If you need t send MMS then quectel is your choice, if not better stick to simcom or wait for the SIM900 MMS ready.

-ichan

Dear Ichan,

i jst purchased the Quectel M10 Evaluation board.
I tested it with call, sms,phonebbok,and DTMF but actully i have to use in one of the product.
In which unit will transfer the file or data to server or from the server.

But as i m new to this GPRS and all related protocol so can you please help me in taking at least start in it

Wavecom are the best in this world as they are made to standards. Since they are costly people move towards SIMCOM.
Quectel is not available across teh globe as such and its usage depends on the availablilty in the place. Though SIMCOM has minor glitches it works fine when dealing with GPRS

hello sivaram

i have a problem with my GSM module, i am using simcom sim900 and dsPIC30F4013. when i try to send command AT it is returning AT. in hyperterminal when i send AT it is returning ok, so i send AT followed by <CR>(0x0d),still i am getting AT|| on my LCD. do i need to send AT<CR><LF>? or do i need to give a time delay between every byte i send?

thanks in advance i am a beginerr and this is my final year project and i am using this on my CAN network so this is crucial for me thanks in advance for your help

hello sivaram

i have a problem with my GSM module, i am using simcom sim900 and dsPIC30F4013. when i try to send command AT it is returning AT. in hyperterminal when i send AT it is returning ok, so i send AT followed by <CR>(0x0d),still i am getting AT|| on my LCD. do i need to send AT<CR><LF>? or do i need to give a time delay between every byte i send?

thanks in advance i am a beginerr and this is my final year project and i am using this on my CAN network so this is crucial for me thanks in advance for your help

try 'ate0\r\n' command 1st ,then after it will give 'ok\r\n' ,when you send 'at\r\n'.

Status
Not open for further replies.