Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which FPGA board fits this requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel8157

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Higher spec than the Digilent Nexys 2-1200 in terms of FPGA chip, has some SRAM/SDRAM and flash for data storage as well.

Some ADC/DAC and some text/number display, I also need high speed data interface which can connect to PC for data transfer and can program easily in VC.

Cost below US$250.

With English manual.

Hi there,
I don't think you can find anything with the specification you mentioned for that price.

If you are looking for an FPGA board with an FPGA better than the one you mentioned, you have to pick your options or end up paying at least $1200 for such a board.

One good compromise will be the Xilinx/Digilent XtremeDSP Starter Platform – Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Edition **broken link removed** which is $295 but does not have ADC/DAC, but they can be easily added using the provided and supported SPI interface.

It has :
XC3SD1800A-4FGG676C Spartan-3A DSP FPGA - which is a much larger FPGA
128 MB (32M x 32) DDR2 SDRAM - For data storage/program code
10/100/1000 PHY - For high-speed communication with the PC
4 SPI select lines - To connect to your own ADC/DAC board
Low-cost VGA - For display your data

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
/Farhad Abdolian

farhada said:
Hi there,
I don't think you can find anything with the specification you mentioned for that price.

If you are looking for an FPGA board with an FPGA better than the one you mentioned, you have to pick your options or end up paying at least $1200 for such a board.

One good compromise will be the Xilinx/Digilent XtremeDSP Starter Platform – Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Edition **broken link removed** which is $295 but does not have ADC/DAC, but they can be easily added using the provided and supported SPI interface.

It has :
XC3SD1800A-4FGG676C Spartan-3A DSP FPGA - which is a much larger FPGA
128 MB (32M x 32) DDR2 SDRAM - For data storage/program code
10/100/1000 PHY - For high-speed communication with the PC
4 SPI select lines - To connect to your own ADC/DAC board
Low-cost VGA - For display your data

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
/Farhad Abdolian

Thank you very much for the info..
I will take it into consideration..

Status