Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to get a pre-routed BGA footprint for XILINX parts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltonjohn

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to layout a board with a BGA part (Xilinx >800 pins) I would like to use CADENCE or ALTIUM . I wonder whre can i get PRE ROUTED BGA footprint for a XILINX parts .Any body has experience routing BGA parts that could ADVICE me how to proceeed ?

bga layout

When doing BGA fanout there are a lot of things to consider like the BGA pitch, the ball dimensions, the via's that can be used, nr of layers, position op power pins, placement of decoupling capacitors etc.

whenever possible use courtyard via's to connect to the other layers and continue the connections. try to group signals together like busses and seperate high speed signals from the rest.

Doing a g**gle search on 'BGA fanout patterns" will also find a lot of information

bga pcb layout

Hello
You have to consider number of layers in PCB required for proper layout. It will have impact on decoupling capacitors placement.

Best regards

best routing bga

Pre routed BGA will be difficult to get. You can use the wizard in allegro to created a quick BGA foot print. You may also contact xilinx. They may have a reference design or a reference PCB available that you should be able to use.

bga layout capacitor

@ eltonjohn:

You may have a look on Xilinx xapp157. Google it.

Best regards, ep20k

recommended board layout bga

Hi,

For BGA routing most important thing is PITCH because that will help you to decide the routing strategies ..whether it is possible to route 1 signal or two signals between two balls !! For 1.27 mm pitch it is possible to route two signals of 4 mils but for 0.8 mm picth its difficult...pls discuss with your Vendor also about his manufacturing capabilities..
Always do Fanout first.....then modify it to route signals from two outer rows & coulmns without vias.....Crystals, Oscillators are always close to their respective pins....decaps are always on Bottom side ...Power plane partions are decided upon position of VCC & GND balls....
I hope this information is helpful to u if u proceed with manual BGA routing !!

Byeee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back