Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What language to use in DSP programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaved

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dsp programming

dear friends
im trying to learn tms320c50 dsp assembly language. but seems too difficult & i have no help for that . im doing this totally alone & nobody around me knows about dsp programming . can i do it with high lavel language like C ? pls can you help me on this matter..

Re: dsp programming

Yes C is a perfect language for programming tms320c50 DSP. Also there are lots of resources/books for C programming on the TMS350C5000/TMS350C6000 platform.

Hi

also some TI DSP's are supported by simulink.
so you can design you system using simulink and generate code for your TI DSP

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www(.)i-g(.)org

friends
we have tms320c50 dsk which has only assembly code facility. we dont have any instructor for this processor. all i have to do is learn by myself . i have some technical paper from TI . but user manual seems too hard & complex for me. i also followed dsk starter guide. i have also tried the example given in the starter guide with the help of user manual.
but what i need is a perfect emulator . where can i get that . if it is based on C language then it will be great for me.i hate assembly language.

zaved

No. Emulator is not essential for starter ,u can try this book written by avatar singh
DSP architecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back