Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the unity gain frequency for 0.35,0.25,0.18.0.9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maninnet

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is nmos and pmos unity gain frequency (roughly) with TSMC 0.35u,0.25u,0.18u and 90n process.

Hi
UGF depends many things such as structure, sizing, load and ... .
so, I think there is no answer to your question.
regards.

I think maninnet means the maximum working frequency for a given process, if it is right, it can be got from the design mannual.

maninnet mean fT - exactly uniti-gain frequency. You can simply consider it as fT = gm/ 2pi(Cgs+Cgd). So fT depend from transistor size, bias current, and only gain factor - technology parametr. And gain factor increase in newest process But I don't know how use it (fT) in real circuit design.

you are both right, but my intention is what abcyin thought, and i just what to know the value roughly.

It is laziness calculate. In pactice, designers not use fT, becase it is "too depend", subjective parameter with respect to sizing and biasing. If you actually need fT, calculate it yourselves,using formula above

it's better to do manually using formula, and it is for your purpose.
ft is important for high frequency circuits, but for cmos process, less important in designer's concern

"but for cmos process, less important in designer's concern" why?

this is because cmos is used mainly for low power consumption and for high frequency operation we use other process lide GeAs BiCMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back