Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is diff b/w reg [0:2] and reg [2:0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonnightingale

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any body explain me the difference between these two verilog commands,kindly tell me with some example

reg [0:2] address
reg [2:0] address

it is the vector u return that [2:0] it means MSB is 2 and LSB is 0. so reg [2:0] address is saving some particular value at the parameter we assign their.and also the same meaning for other date [0:2] it MSB 0 and LSB 2.

This is important because different systems use different Endianness (which this issue is called).

Its the order that the system will write the bits on the regs... lets says the number 3 it would be written as 011 or as 110.

The best example I can give is looking at lists vs numbers. eg
list:
add r0 r1 r2
or r2 r1 r0
bra X

number:

if i asked for instruction[0], what would it be? what about digit[0]?

for lists, or things that represent lists, its nice to have a 0, 1, 2, 3 ordering.
for numbers, its often nice to have a 3, 2, 1, 0 ordering. eg digit[0] is the lsb, digit[3] is the msb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back