Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is an integrate and dump filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizoo

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI all

can some one tell me what is basically an integrate and dump filter and whats the functionality of such a filter/circuit

br

integrate & dump

It is used for detecting NRZ or RZ data in digital communications. Its perfromance is equivalent to a matched filter for that format, but it is time-variant.
Look in digital communications texts.
Regards

Z

integrate and dump

You integrate a series of values, use the result and restart integrating. Basically this is a resampling of filtered output mathematically.

This can be done once you have approximately established the boundaries.

Hope this helps
BRM

integrating and dumping circuit

hi thanks for replying
actually i have a spreaded signal, which i despread through PN sequence through correlation, as a result i have a few corelation values and one of the values is the peak correlation, the next thing basically is to decided on which bit was sent from the result this coorelation, and so i thought how to relate my experiment with integrate and dump,

integration is actually equal to correlation but dump is what?
am i thinking on right lines/
ne clue
br

Re: integrate and dump

Mathematically you integrate from t=A to t=B.

In an integrate and dump circuit you do exactly the same thing. You reset your accumulator at time A to zero, and keep accumulating a product till time B, look at the result, and reset back to 0. Unless you "dump" out the accumulated value and reset, you cannot start a fresh integration operation, that's all
-b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back