Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What can we do to analyze very noisy dynamical data, when spectrum seems ok to human?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator3

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Are there any relative simple methods to do that?
I have few signals to analyze. Using audacity sound program, in spectrum view i can visually recognize signal frequencies change over time, or hear it when playing the sound. But when try to do any DSP algorithm, it looks impossible. What is the secret of human perception, that makes it possible to hear signals below noise level?
I tried FFT with different windowing and size, tried to perform Hough transform on the spectrum to find signal with approximate formula. And there is no satisfactory results. For hough transform it is impossible to appropriately binarize the spectrogram. FFT maximums most time are noise maximums, and not signal. The only a little better than nothing result is convolution with approximate formulas, but it is too slow approach, because signal must be convoluted with a full range of function parameters, it can take hours to analyse sweeping arguments and do multiplications.

The "below noise level" point suggests that you aren't extracting the right signal parameters.

Are you analyzing artificial signals with known characteristic or natural signals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back